And here’s my roundup of the top ten eleven books that I liked most over the last ten years. (Since I did a “top eleven” reads for 2009, I figured I’d stick with the same format for this list, plus again I was able to boil it down to eleven really good books.) Now, I know I didn’t keep track of every book I read over the last ten years, but I did review a number of them, 275 of them to be exact — at least according to the reviews I still have. I’m sure there were plenty that I read and didn’t review or perhaps even forgot that I read.
But enough blathering, here’s the Top Ten Books of the Last Decade (2000-2009) IMHO [reviews are linked]:
- The Terror by Dan Simmons (2007)
- World Without End by Ken Follett (2007)
- The Little Book of Atheist Spirituality by Andre Compte-Sponville (2008)
- The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins (2006)
- The History of the Ancient World by Susan Wise Bauer (2007)
- The Invisible Sex: Uncovering the True Roles of Women in Prehistory by J. M. Adovasio, Olga Soffer, and Jake Page (2007)
- Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (2008)
- The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick (2007)
- The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon (2000)
- Bonk by Mary Roach (2008)
- Under the Banner of Heaven:A Story of Violent Faith by Jon Krakauer (2003)
And there you have it. Comments, opinions, and disagreements are always welcome!