It’s been quite some time since the last progress report on Nothing is an Accident, which is the whole reason for this particular update and why I’m changing things around a little. In my writing goals for this year I’d planned to complete a penultimate and final edit of the manuscript by the end of the year. At this current rate, I was going to be lucky if I got half way through the penultimate edit when December rolled around. I just wasn’t getting the work done week to week, as the other projects kept getting in the way. Then when I switched to just working on White Horse, things should’ve gotten easier, but they didn’t. I was doing plenty of writing but not enough editing.
I’ve now decided to go back to a similar schedule from earlier with working on one project one week and another project another. Basically one week I’ll be working on writing White Horse, and on another I’ll be working on editing NIAA. That way it will get done, which is the key. My goal, just as it is with 500 words a day, Monday through Friday, with regards to writing, will be to edit at least three pages a day Monday through Friday on the particular week I’m working on NIAA.
And we’ll see how that goes. And they’ll be the counter at the bottom of these updates (as well as on the site) to keep me encouraged and hopeful!