Okay guys, I’m at 100 downloads for “Unquiet Slumbers for the Sleepers” and 98 for “In That Quiet Earth”. Anyone who hasn’t got them yet, remember they’re completely free, just follow the links and lets push these babies well over 100!
My ebook, Unquiet Slumbers for the Sleepers, a collection of short stories, is now available for free through Smashwords. (I’m working on getting it listed for free on Amazon too.) So just click on the Smashwords link or the cover above to be taken to the site and you can get the book completely free in the ebook version of your choice (just about every version you could want is available). It’s a collection of ten of my short stories, as well as two sneak peaks at two of my novels which I’ll be publishing later this year. And here’s what bestselling author Richard Doetsch had to say about Unquiet Slumbers for the Sleepers: “With an imagination that knows no bounds, Alex Telander has crafted an amazing genre spanning collection that kept me turning pages till dawn.”
Now, as to why I’ve decided to start offering my book for free, well, it kind of started earlier this week when I was enjoying Rachel Gardner’s posts on How to Make a Living as a Writer, and the importance of getting your work and writing out there to people to read. It’s the only way people are going to start enjoying and knowing your work. I knew when I first published Unquiet Slumbers for the Sleepers, I wasn’t doing it for the profit, which was why I listed it at $0.99 to begin with, and now I’ve decided to just offer it for free. I will also be doing the same with my second collection of short stories coming out some time in April, In That Quiet Earth. And this is because I’m also going to be publishing two novels later this year: a young adult fantasy, Kyra: The First Book of Enchantus and a thriller novel, Nothing is an Accident. I’m very proud of these two novels and want readers to enjoy them as much as I enjoyed writing them, and to do that people have to know what my writing is like and decide whether it’s something they like. The only way to do that to begin with is to offer some of my work for free so lots of people can read it. I’ll also be working on an update for my website to list the stories for free too, so readers can read them individually if they choose. Though I’d personally rather get the ebook, since that cover is so beautiful.
And there you have my reasoning. I think it makes sense. So go ahead and download my ebook and check it out, let me know what you think, and if you like it, you can look forward to more of my work coming out later this year. And feel free to spread the word and talk about it with friends; steer them towards the site or just send them a copy of the ebook.
Okay, special weekend promotion for “Unquiet Slumbers for the Sleepers,” which you can get for free. Just go to the book on the Smashwords page and enter the code TZ72K and you can download the version of your choosing for free!
- You can find the link to the book here (http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/123676), where you can buy the ebook for just $0.99, and also view a good sample of it. You can share this link on Facebook, or any other social network, or by emailing it to friends and family.
- Clicking the “Like” Button on the book page – http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/123676
- If you’re interested in possibly reviewing Unquiet Slumbers for the Sleepers, just drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and I’ll get a free review copy to you.
- If you have a Goodreads account, go to the book page for Unquiet Slumbers for the Sleepers (http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13416260-unquiet-slumbers-for-the-sleepers) and rate and/or review the book; or like the page; or share the page. You can also recommend the book to Goodreads friends this way.
- Free wallpapers and icons are available on the BookBanter site (http://www.bookbanter.net/books.html) and can be used as desktop or laptop backgrounds, and icons make great profile pictures whether it’s on Facebook, Google Plus, chat programs, or any number of other sites that use avatars.
The book is now available Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Itunes and more. Go to the official book site for links.
Using one or more of the tools above will go a long way to spreading the word about Unquiet Slumbers for the Sleepers.
Thank you for all your help!
Unquiet Slumbers for the Sleepers
And you can keep up to date on future ebook publications on my books page.